Jefferson County sex offender arrested in Marshall County | News
A sex offender from Jefferson County was arrested for failing to register in Marshall County on Friday.
Deputies with the Marshall County Sheriff's Office received a tip that the sex offender, Mark Anthony Brown, 33, was living in Horton. Brown was convicted of second degree rape in Blount County in 2007.
Investigators found Brown residing in a home in the 300 block of Isbell Road in Horton and found minor children living there as well.
Marshall County Sheriff Scott Walls said Brown was still being held in the Marshall County jail on Tuesday on charges of failure of sex offender to transfer and establish residency and sex offender living in prohibited location. His bond has been set at $30,000.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities investigate 8 school burglaries in four-county area
- FBI searches for suspect in St. Clair County bank robbery
- I-20 lanes reopen after tractor trailer fire in St. Clair County
- Vestavia Hills attorney arrested on theft charges after returning to U.S.
- Scholarship honors memory of St. Clair Co. teen killed in car wreck